Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Yoga Provides Empowerment, Hope for Nairobi Slums

This article describes a very interesting charity project that teaches free yoga classes to the poorest people in Nairobi Kenya. This service has helped people overcome the pain caused during a violent revolution in the country. After reading it include a short summary of the article or an answer to the discussion questions in the comment box below.

"Yoga has great benefits for health particularly for releasing stress. What do you like to do to release stress?"

4 comments:

  1. I like this article.may be I have take same yoga class too. Sometime I am very stress. Some things that I like to do to release stress are I like to read a book, hiking, walking. I like watch a movie, or be in the nature an sit in the grass, and I like to eat chocolate. I need to be more relaxed.Jennifer Bradford

    ReplyDelete
  2. In order to release stress I like to listen music, eat a lot of candies and sleep for a while. Sometimes I like to go out and walk, even more if it is quiet and natural.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This article said that yoga have treated people's trauma of violence in the Nairobi slum. In my case, when I have stress, I always listen to music that I like. In addition, I watch a very funny show program. After a long laugh, the stress is suddenly removed. Actually, if I have really serious stress, I talk with my best friend. But, most stress can be released by listening to music.

    Miyeon Lee

    ReplyDelete
  4. This article talks about Africa Yoga project. The project helps people who suffered from the post election violence in the slums of Nairobi improve their lives. They can teach, learn Yoga for free and make additional income by private lesson. By Yoga, they also relieve their stress.

    ReplyDelete