Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

The Pursuit of Happiness: Communication

This article describes a lecture by a professor during BYU Education week, which is a week for community members to enjoy instruction from BYU faculty. The professor discusses the importance of communication and the role of personality in communication. After reading the article include a 4 sentence summary or answer the discussion question below.

"The article uses colors to describe someone's personality. Based on their descriptions what color is your personality. Do you agree with the description of communication that works best for your personality?"

3 comments:

  1. I am in part agree with the professor, because I think that I have somethings of if color. I can say that I am a specific color. I believe that the communication in marriage is one of the most important principal of happiness in it. The communication is a talent that we have to practice every day. Also, we have understand how your husband or wife , or friends communicate them feelings or interest. I believe that communication is important in marriage, but at the same time, is important in every relationship. Communicating is not just talking. It can be showing in many ways, for example you can communicate your feelings with your manner or good or bad attitude. It is not necessarily to express with words. I think that good communication can avoid a lot of problems.Jennifer Bradford

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul R. Warner who is a professor in BYU said that effective communication is one way of pursuing happiness. He divided personality into four colors. Red is not direct and emotional. Blue is more emotional and harmonious. And you should be patient and kind when you're with them. Yellow likes fun so you must be fun when you talk with them. I agree with the description of communication. Always I feel that I should have different communication skills depending on the nature of people. I think I'm in blues because I'm emotional. - Miyeon Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just laughed out loud when I read about the yellow color because I'm like that. I totally agree with the statement. I also think that I have a little of blue. I agree that communication must be essential in a relationship of any kind. If you don't communicate your feelings or thoughts people will never understand what we think or feel, communicating is a must in life.

    ReplyDelete