Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

BYU student redefines homemaking

This article introduces a BYU student who has organized an educational show to discuss the changing reality of homemaking. Homemaking is the word used to describe the activities that general a woman with children does to take care of the families need at home. This student believes that the word 'homemaking' is outdated and should be replaced by a more modern and complete picture of what a 'homemaker' does.
After reading the article, provide a 4 sentence summary or an answer to the discussion question below.

"Sometimes women who stay at home instead of working away from the home are criticized for not pursuing regular employment. What is your opinion of homemaking? Is it a desirable 'career' option for women with families?"

2 comments:

  1. I know that a lot of people criticized the women who stay at home. However, I believe that be a a woman who has a family, who is a mom is the most important career in that life. I am very grateful to my mom, she is a woman who make a home. She was in that home for me and for every of my brothers and sister.my parents have 10 children, and my mom was at home for us. I am grateful that she was there when I had a problem, when I felt sad, or in every moment that she was teaching me. I believe that be a mom is a privilege. Also homemaking is more that clean or cooking is make a life, is make a home. Jennifer Bradford

    ReplyDelete
  2. The article talks about a education show held by a graphic design student, Alexi. She gave a new definition of homemaking. In the show they celebrated the figurative death of homemaking and also learned about the concept of Domaign.

    ReplyDelete