Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Neighborhood chair withdraws opposition to new MTC building

This article (updated link) describes how a neighborhood in Provo has been fighting against new construction at the MTC (Missionary Training Center). It also explains why they were fighting and why they decided to give up on the fight. Read and summarize the article or comment on the question below.





Is urban development a community or church matter? What would you do if you were in this man's place?

2 comments:

  1. In my opinion, we should follow our church leader's counsel. If I was that man, I did the same thing as he. To stick-it-to his opinion is not easy, but to change his position is much harder. Therefore, I really admire him for when he had a different view from church leader, he followed church leader's advise. Randy Lin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This article talks about the plans of the MTC to build a taller than the other buildings. In my opinion I think is a good idea, this will be of great help for the MTC.I am surprised that members of the church are opposing to this (I am assuming that the majority of people from the neighborhood are LDS)

    ReplyDelete

Include your summaries/question responses below. Remember they won't appear immediately. Once the reading period is closed all the comments will appear.